Surface Hardening & Stain Protector
Enhances the Color of polished concrete surfaces. Formulated for use with PC-5614 Topping System
FLOR-GUARD™ EX, a surface hardening and micro-impregnating stain protector, is specifically designed for protecting and preserving PC-5614 Projects or on any polished concrete surface. FLOR-GUARD™ EX is a clear “Micro-Impregnating Hybrid Inorganic/Organic Lithium” that hardens, seals and protects against moisture damage, and enhances the natural color of exposed aggregate, brick, slate, stone and stamped concrete. This is a “breathable” product, meaning that water vapor can exit and enter the concrete without effect to the product.
The unique treatment is extremely low in VOC’s (less than 50 grams per liter), environmentally friendly and has a very low polymer/ammonia odor. Whether your surface must tolerate significant foot traffic, abrasion, or chemicals, our advanced and versatile exterior treatment offers high durability and bond strength; resists staining and dusting; and withstands UV light, abrasion, chemical spills and heavy traffic. FLOR-GUARD™ EX dries to a very hard, glossy “wetlook.” This rapid curing, non-yellowing, treatment provides long-lasting surface protection, beauty and easy maintenance for a wide range of masonry and concrete surfaces with little-to-no downtime. Perfect for protecting exposed aggregate, concrete, brick and stone pavers.
Advantages & Benefits
- Extremely durable, stain resistant microfilm-forming surface treatment, that will not peel or flake, and both chemically and mechanically reacts with the substrate
- Easy maintenance, easy re-coating. Won’t yellow
- Resists strong cleaning compounds, alkalis, solvents, oils and many acids
- High-performance treatment produces a tough coating for high abuse areas (chemical exposure, impact, or abrasion) that is also an attractive finish that is easy to maintain
- Rapidly cures into a durable finish for facilities that require maximum protection and little-to-no downtime
- Tenaciously bonds and reacts with concrete forming a durable, insoluble bond with the concrete
- Forms a protective “micro-surface layer” that is breathable, dense and abrasion resistant
- Reduces maintenance, cleaning costs and expensive repairs. Simply damp mop or machine scrub